About Newton MA
Newton is ideal for people who want a mix of "city" and "suburban." Technically, Newton, Massachusetts is a city with a top tier hospital, two movie theaters, and sidewalks that lead to places you’d want to walk, but many people think of it as "the town of Newton" because it feels smaller. When you look around at the real estate in Newton Mass, you see so many flowers and so much green grass that locals call it the "Garden City."
Village Structure with easy commute to Boston
Newton, MA has 13 villages with shopping, cafes and services within each:
- Auburndale: close to MA Pike and Route 128; Lasell College, commercial area along Commonwealth Avenue
- Chestnut Hill: close to Route 9, Boston College and the Boston border. Includes part of Brookline. Chestnut Hill shopping is some of the finest in the area with a state-of-the art mall.
- Newton Centre: contains the largest commercial district; focal point of the city
- Newton Corner: location of the Crown Plaza Hotel built over the MA Pike
- Newton Highlands: lots of small independently-owned shops
- Lower Falls: near the Charles River and on the Wellesley line
- Newton Upper Falls: also near the Charles River; Historic District
- Newtonville: home of the brand new, state-of-the-art Newton North High School
- Nonatum: borders Watertown; rich Italian-American heritage
- Oak Hill: home of the Wells Avenue Office Park
- Thompsonville: most closely associated with Chestnut Hill
- Waban: contains many locally-owned businesses
- West Newton: local movie theatre and many fine restaurants; manufacturing center of the city
The map says it all: immediate access to the MA Pike and Route 128 along with the train, the T and bus service. It's a commuter's dream!
A Legacy of Education
Newton, Massachusetts public schools are rated among the top in the state with Newton North High School boasting a fabulous new facility. Institues of higher learning located in Newton include Boston College, Lasell College, Mount Ida College and Pine Manor College, along with specialty schools.
Newton, MA sports 3 public golf courses including Putterham on the Brookline line, the 9-hole Commonwealth course near Boston College and the Leo J. Martin course on the Weston line. Crystal Lake offers swimming programs for all residents.
Town of Newton Links
- Main Site
- Elementary Schools
- Angier Elementary School
- Bowen Elementary School
- Burr Elementary School
- Cabot Elementary School
- Countryside Elementary School
- Franklin Elementary School
- Horace Mann Elementary School
- Lincoln-Eliot Elementary School
- Mason-Rice Elementary School
- Memorial Spaulding Elementary School
- Peirce Elementary School
- Underwood Elementary School
- Ward Elementary School
- Williams Elementary School
- Zervas Elementary School
- Middle Schools
- High Schools
Questions about Dover real estate? Contact us today!